- This is all the music that I own and/or have ready access to. It should cover all the work of note. It leaves out some collaborations and side projects.
- I reserve the right to add items as I come across them, but I’m not deleting anything unless I can’t find it – a rare occurrence in this Internet age.
- It’s happening in this order.
- I’ve already seen many – possibly too many – of Bowie’s films. I’m picking and choosing there.
- I’ve also read more than one book about him already, so this is a small selection.
Book: Strange Fascination: David Bowie, The Definitive Story by David Buckley
Single: Liza Jane (as Davie Jones with the King Bees, 1964)
Single: I Pity the Fool (as the Manish Boys, 1965)
Single: You’ve Got a Habit of Leaving (as Davy Jones & the Lower Third, 1965)
Single: Can’t Help Thinking About Me (as David Bowie with the Lower Third, 1966)
Single: Do Anything You Say (1966)
Single: I Dig Everything (1966)
Single: The Laughing Gnome (1967)
Book: David Bowie: Starman by Paul Trynka
Film: The Last Temptation of Christ (1988)
Single: Pallas Athena (as Tao Jones Index, 1997)
Single: Without You I’m Nothing (with Placebo, 1999)
Film: Mr. Rice’s Secret (2000) – can’t find it! 😦
Film: Moulin Rouge (2001; a large part of the soundtrack is Bowie homage)
Live Album/Concert Film: A Reality Tour (2003, released 2010)
Film: The Prestige (2006)
The Next Day (2013)
Single: Sue (Or in a Season of Crime) (from Nothing Has Changed, 2014)